My name is Michael Codner, I was born in Trinidad and Tobago in 1983.
I finished Standard Two primary school there and migrated to Canada with my parents in 1992.
In Canada, I continued my studies, attended Cawthra Park Secondary School for the Arts, Sheridan College at Trafalgar Campus, the University of Toronto to do Information Technology.
Following my graduation from there, I helped my dad, who is a professional in the electronics field.
This opened my eyes to the new environment of electronics field. And I found out I had a natural talent and ability to talk to the computer and to make it talk back to me.
I became an expert in any subject of computer technology and repair and in a few words, I can take a computer apart and put it back to together again, find any problem, hardware or software.
My experience in the field will help you to see improvement in your needs, related to information technology and media.
In a few words, if your acting funny, deleting files unnecessarily, need updates and upgrades, needs more programs, like a adobe photoshop, or adobe illustrator, maybe in design program, and even smaller issues, that upset and aggravate you, I’m the guy to help willing to help, for any of your needs.
If your computer needs repair or needs parts to be replaced since my dad is in the business, he has all the parts in the world, I will be able to repair it with a minimum cost, and not give you the runaround.
At the same time, I have developed a company, that creates websites according to your budget and minimum costs, at a very affordable price.
Please give me a call and any computer-related needs at 647-880-7911 or 905-271-6828.
I am located in Mississauga, in Port Credit, but I travel as needed, from Milton, Waterloo, Mississauga, Kitchener, Toronto.
Thank you so much for reading my mini-biography and I hope that you will give me the opportunity to help you.
Client Support Technician at Essilor
-Providing support/training/support for optical management software Sunix
-Providing support/training/support for optical management software VisionWare
-Catering to various provincial medical care systems (Ontario, B.C., Nova Scotia, Alberta)
-Providing support via telephone and online (TeamViewer, Webex, etc...)
-Some C# programming/tweaking
-Use/configuration of auto-refractive equipment and accompanying software interfaces (Topcon, Nidek)
-Documentation of solutions provided and methods
-Providing support for computer peripherals (Labelwriter/Scan Snap scanner/Receipt printers)
-Travel to various Canadian locations for onsite support
-Hardware/software installations and troubleshooting
-VisionWare/Sunix remote demonstrations
-Creation of client account on the VisionWare.cc server
-Attending trade shows (as applicable)
-Implementation/configuration and launching of Alfresco for document management and general knowledgebase
-Utilized Lotus Approach to managing tickets
-Implementation/configuration/customization and launching of Spiceworks as ticket-management system replacing Lotus Approach
-Successfully migrated ticket system to Spiceworks
Computer Technician/Consultant- Owner
• Computer diagnosis and maintenance for home and small-business users
• Install/diagnose/troubleshoot home wireless/Ethernet networking and connections
• Refurbish desktops/laptops for re-sale | market computer parts and peripherals
• O/S installations, maintenance, and onsite/remote support
• Website building/web design
• Desktop/laptop hardware & software upgrades
• Network Attached Storage implementation and backup procedures
• Provided Tier1 & 2 support & desktop maintenance for over 16 organizations, as part of an MSP
• Provided remote support via TeamViewer, GoToMy PC, ShowMyPc, Remote Desktop Connection, VNC
• Remote monitoring management for clients with Labtech; deployed scripts, reset system passwords, remote access, create local admin accounts and system maintenance.
• Performed hardware/software diagnosis, repair and installation
• Installation and configuration of custom software (i.e. PCLaw, Keyscan, ROSI, WinSearch)
• Performed BlackBerry activations for devices
• Performed desktop imaging, based on client's needs using either Norton Ghost, Acronis Disk Image, and Windows PE image deployment,
• Developed and provided support documentation on procedures and setups
• Developed and provided support documentation as help material for end-user
• Developed and provided support documentation for colleagues on new/unfamiliar software installations and configuration procedures
• Composed web articles and blogs as promotional material for the firm
• Created and maintained user accounts and profiles with Active Directory and Windows 2011 SBS Standard
• Utilized ConnectWise CRM to manage tickets, passwords, scheduling and client information
Physical Inventory Analyst- Team Leader (Contract)
• Scanned computer equipment and accessories barcodes for inventory database; some data entry
• Assisted, organized and deployed team members according to floor plans
• Ensured that team completed an inventory of assigned areas by the end of each day
• Conferred with floor/nurse managers, security, and doctors to inventory computer equipment
• Gatherer and organize data from team members for a project manager at end of each day
• Provided remote desktop support for businesses and offices in and around GTA
• Recorded all information for further resolution and problem analysis.
• Managed and prioritized numerous cases at any given time
• Assisted more senior staff with client re-location and new equipment installs
• Identified and provided guidance and alternatives for end-user errors and process comprehension of supported applications.
• Routed calls to appropriate technical experts (Tier 2 & 3) for resolution.
• Provided MS Office Outlook support, fixes, and upgrades
• Responded to calls from clients and performed diagnosis and incident resolution
• Computer and server general maintenance; performed audits and suggestions for improvement
• Setup and maintained user accounts and profiles with Active Directory
• Setup/maintained/diagnosed Ethernet/Wi-Fi & VPN connections
• Installed and configured computer hardware, software, O/S and applications
• Provided O/S upgrades and support; bug fixes; program updates and support
• Provided printer/copier network setup and maintenance
• Provided computer/server/laptop hardware upgrades
• Utilized Commit CRM to manage tickets, passwords, scheduling and client information
Technical Support Representative (Contract)
New Wave Inc.
Provided 1st Level technical phone support to users
Responsible for users' inquiries regarding computer software and hardware operation to resolve problems.
Installed and configured computer hardware, operating systems, and applications.
Supported the roll-out of new builds of applications; program updates; bug fixes.
Identified and provided guidance and workarounds for end-user errors and process comprehension of supported applications.
Setup new users' accounts and profiles.
Prioritized and managed many open cases at one time.
Rapidly established a good working relationship with customers and other professionals (e.g., software developers).
Tested and evaluated new technology
Utilized Act! by Sage to manage tickets, passwords and client information
Computer Equipment Auditor
· Shipping and Receiving
· Tested received equipment: computers, monitors, printers, fax machines, copiers, ATMs, POS Systems, Laptops, Projectors
· Compiled inventory reports; recording quality and quantity of equipment; the accuracy of paperwork accompanying returned equipment
· Answered customer inquiries; maintained good customer relations
Computer Technician (Contract)
Computer for Schools Ontario / RCT
· Coordinated personal computer hardware and software troubleshooting, installation, repair, problem diagnosis, and implementation.
· Received calls for assistance, installations, and general maintenance; logged
calls and took appropriate action to ensure a satisfactory response with acceptable time frames for the user community; provided management and status reports on all requests.
· Installed tested and maintained a variety of personal computing and network hardware and software systems; performed diagnostic tests, modified or
repaired hardware to the board or component level; gathered and recorded appropriate data related to these functions.
· Provided support to a diverse user community which includes faculty, administrative staff, and students in the proper application of existing or new personal computer software and hardware systems
· Coordinated training for personnel related to troubleshooting and basic repair.
· Maintained a high level of personal computer knowledge and assists in
the recommendation processes for personal computing hardware,
software systems, and host system data communications requirements.
· Interfaced to vendors for the purpose of establishing and maintaining a source
of hardware systems, components, parts, and peripheral devices;
problem resolution; and training and in-service programs.
· Responded to a rapidly changing technical environment and the requirements
to the user community.