Ptifoods was founded as Sharma Grocery by Mr. & Mrs. R.S. Sharma in 1975.
The company had humble beginnings as a niche import house and retailer, catering to the grocery needs of a small population of South Asian Canadians in downtown Toronto.
As the South Asian community grew, Sharma Grocery transitioned away from retail and focused exclusively on its wholesale business, as ptifoods.
With a focus on wholesale, we broadened our scope by continually adding new products and reinventing our brands, and as a result, we have enjoyed tremendous growth every year since our inception.
ptifoods is dedicated to bringing authentic South Asian flavours to North America and introducing Western consumers to the wonders of our culture.
We pride ourselves on the fact that South Asian food and culture are intertwined and we strive to deliver both aspects to NRIs in North America, so that everyone can enjoy a piece of South Asia, even when living abroad.
For over 30 years now, we strive for continued excellence in our products, our people and our value system.
Founded in 1975, ptifoods has grown to become Canada’s leading importer and marketer of South Asian brands including PTI, Shakti, Khana Khazana, and Parachute.
We now offer over 2000 items, which we procure directly from over 20 different countries.
ptifoods employs 75 people internationally and serves as a customer base for over 1000 retailers across Canada, and many more in the United States, through our network of sub-distributers.
We are headquartered in Mississauga (Toronto), Canada, with additional manufacturing and packaging operations in New Delhi and Mumbai.
Additionally, ptifoods operates its own specialty flour mill, mixing plants, spice mill, food processing plants and packaging facilities.
As an importer and market leader, we are pursuing a vision to become globally recognized for bringing authentic South Asian flavours to North America and underlining the importance of growth for our employees and business partners.
Join Our Team
With a fast paced work environment, we are looking for candidates who can work with us to pursue our vision of becoming globally recognized for bringing authentic South Asian flavours to North America. Here at ptifoods, we strongly value and hold great importance for our employees.
Browse through our current opportunities below:
Territory Sales Representative
• Manage sales to existing retail grocery customers
• Directly service accounts, as per route chart
• Merchandise the displays as per plan-o-grams, where available
• Maximize orders for products
• Ensure optimal and maximum shelf space for our products
• Keep retailers aware of our complete product offering while emphasizing new and key items
• Achieve sales targets
• Grow sales to each account
• Collect payments from customers
• Ensure strong customer service is provided to retail customers
• Represent ptifoods at trade shows
• Act as the eyes and ears of ptifoods to provide market feedback regarding our products and competing products and news in the market
• Ability to interact with people and quickly develop a rapport
• Strong peoples-person
• Exceptional communication skills in English, Hindi, and Punjabi
• Strong sales acumen, with a slant towards a consultative approach
• Minimum 5-7 years of progressive experience, showing strong performance in a marketing and/or sales environment
• 3-5 years of senior experience in consumer products
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in business (BCOM or BBA) is required
• MBA would be an asset
PTI Recipe Corner
PTI BRANDS CLICK HIRE
Retail stores across Canada
Our retail stores comprise of independent stores, chain stores, supermarkets, restaurants, and food service suppliers that carry our products.
With over 150 retail stores across Canada, ptifoods is able to bring the authentic taste of India to not only South Asians, but also non-resident Indians nationwide.